Your Ability to Withdraw Funds
Our policy is to make funds from your deposits available to you on the first business day after the day we receive your deposit. Once the funds are available, you can withdraw them in cash and/or we will use them to pay checks that you have written. For determining the availability of your deposits, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays. Our cut-off hours are as follows:
- 5:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday at all CSB Banking Center locations
- 6:00 p.m. Friday at all CSB Banking Center locations
- 12:00 p.m. at all proprietary ATM locations
- As posted at all non–proprietary ATM locations
If you make a deposit before our cut–off hour on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. However, if you make a deposit after our cut–off hour or on a day we are not open, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open.
We may make funds from deposited checks available to you before the funds are collected. You are still responsible for any deposited checks that are returned unpaid and for any other problems concerning your deposit, even if you have already withdrawn the funds from your account.
Reservation of Right to Hold
In some cases, we may not make all the funds that you deposit by check available to you by the first business day after the day of your deposit. Funds may not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit. The first $200 of your deposit, however, will be available on the first business day after the day of your deposit. If we are not going to make all of the funds from your deposit available on the first business day, we will notify you at the time you make your deposit. We will also tell you when the funds will be available. If your deposit is not made directly to one of our employees, or if we decide to take this action after you have left the premises, we will mail you the notice by the first business day after we receive your deposit. If you need the funds from a deposit right away, you should ask us when the funds will be available.
During the delay (hold period), the funds are “unavailable”, and therefore you may not withdraw the funds. If checks are presented or withdrawals are made against “unavailable funds,” a per-item penalty charge may be assessed to your account. The checks may be honored and withdrawn from your account or the checks may be returned unpaid.
Longer Delays May Apply. We may delay your ability to withdraw funds deposited by check into your account an additional number of days for these reasons:
- Your deposit checks totaling more than $5,000 on any one day.
- You redeposit a check that has been returned unpaid.
- You have overdrawn your account repeatedly in the last six months.
- The bank has grounds for believing a check you deposit will not be paid.
- There is an emergency, such as failure of computer or communications equipment.
We will notify you if we delay your ability to withdraw funds for any of these reasons, and we will tell you when the funds will be available. They will generally be available no later than the seventh business day after the day of your deposit.
Special Rules for New Accounts:
If you are a new account customer, the following special rules may apply during the first 30 days your account is open:
- Funds from electronic direct deposits will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Funds from deposits of the first $5,000 of a day’s total deposits of cashier’s checks, certified, teller’s, traveler’s, and federal, state, and local government checks will be available on the first business day after the day of your deposit if the deposit meets certain conditions. For example, the checks must be payable to you. The excess over $5,000 will be available on the ninth business day after the day of your deposit. If your deposit of these checks (other than U.S. Treasury checks) is not made in person to one of our employees, the first $5,000 will not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit.
- Funds from all other check deposits will be available no later than the 15th business day after the day of your deposit.
Holds on Other Funds:
If we cash a check for you that is drawn on another bank, we may withhold the availability of a corresponding amount of funds that are already in your account. Those funds will be available at the time funds from the check we cashed would have been available if you had deposited it.