What does The Commercial & Savings Bank do with your personal information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
What?The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number
- Account balances
- Payment history and transaction history
- Credit history and credit scores
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons The Commercial & Savings Bank chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
When we do share your personal information
- For our everyday business purposes-such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
- For our marketing purposes - to offer our products and services to you
- For joint marketing with other financial companies
When we do not share your personal information
- For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes-information about your transactions and experiences
- For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes-information about your creditworthiness
- For non-affiliates to market to you
What we do
How does The Commercial & Savings Bank protect my personal information?
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
How does The Commercial & Savings Bank collect my personal information? We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- Open an account
- Apply for a loan
- Use your credit or debit card
- Make deposits or withdrawals from your account
- Provide employment information
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit sharing? Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes-information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for non-affiliates to market to you
AffiliatesCompanies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies. The Commercial & Savings Bank does not share with our affiliates.
Non-affiliates Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial companies. The Commercial & Savings Bank does not share with non-affiliates so they can market to you.
Joint Marketing A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you. Our joint marketing partners include credit/debit card companies and investment companies.
Call 330.674.9015 or 1.800.654.9015